Helpful resources for youth AoD workers
Some things that you might have missed from the YoDAA Enewletters this year.
Here are some of the most popular articles that have been shared in the YoDAA newsletter this year so far. If you wish to look back on some of the old YoDAA newsletters, click here.
- The 2016 Adolescent Withdrawal Guideline is helping worker and young people advocate for better care when it comes to talking to GP’s about withdrawal, if you are looking for a hard copy of the guidelines contact us!
- Don’t look past the Dual Tool from our awesome partners at Bendigo Community Health Service, helping us to work better with clients who have both AoD and mental health concerns.
- The more and more we understand young people and youth work the more and more important it is to look after ourselves. Take a moment to complete this short self-care survey.
- The X plan understands that it is important for young people to feel safe when they go out!
- The map that helped us understand who smokes the most cannabis is the world.
- Understanding new research on novel psychoactive substances and ice with the government website, Cracks in the ice.
- Getting to know young people, by understand what slang they are using.
- There was exciting news from YSAS, who have developed a school drug education program.
- Understanding “Youth and Substance Abuse” written by former YSAS worker Kathryn Daley.