I want to cut down or stop
How do you want to change your use?
Quitting completely is one option when you decide to make changes to your drug or alcohol use but there are also others
So you want to make some changes? Quitting completely or stopping is one option. It may be the best option for you or it may not be.
There are limitless ways you can make changes to how you use in order to be happier and healthier. Did you know that people tend to have more success in making changes when they are clear on what they want to achieve? Here are some examples of drug use goals that other young people have identified and worked toward
- I will not use anything until after 4pm
- I want to completely quit
- I will only use on three days of the week (not everyday)
- I will only use one drug at a time
- I am going to stick to a point a day-don’t score more when finished for the day.
- I am changing from from Bongs to joints
- Only use if I am in a good mood-not if I am angry or upset
What will your goal be? Check out our article on setting goals for further tips on setting goals that will work for you.