I want to cut down or stop, I have stopped but still need help
Planning ahead for the risky or tough times.
When you reduce or stop using there will be times and circumstances that will be harder than others. Planning ahead for these times will make it easier and more predictable to manage.
If you’ve tried cutting down before you might remember some of the times when you had cravings or when you found it more tempting to use than others. Understanding more about why you use can also help predict these times.
Examples of risky times for some young people are:
- Seeing a particular group of friends.
- After fights with family or partner
- When bored
- Feeling stressed or anxious
- Feeling angry
- Feeling flat low or depressed
- Particular times of day (Just before bed or first thing in the morning)
- Particular times of the week (Just after getting paid)
- Celebrating an event or achievement.
Remember if you can’t get through these risky times. Don’t get down on yourself. Hopefully you’ll know what to expect next time! Be safe, especially if you have not used for a little while.