Victoria has a statewide Youth Alcohol and Other Drug service system, which means that there is likely to be a service that works in the area of your school.

Even if you don’t need to make a specific referral, we recommend school well-being coordinators contact local services to develop a relationship between the service and the school. A good relationship, and an understanng of what a service offers, helps make any future referrals a smooth process.

Different services will have varying capacity and emphasis on what they can provide. Beyond direct services for young people, a Youth AOD service may also be able to provide you with information and advice on the best support options for students you are concerned about, or may be able to support you with education and resources.